Just a quick one;
First, the delegates from the youth encuentro youth conference in Trinidad and Tobago just got back and are bringing the Encuentro FYAH, the Jesus FYAH with them. Went to a fab service this morning- the first of many I believe- at which they gave their testimonies on the week AND got us singing and dancing! which is sometimes harder than you'd think given stereotypes of Caribbean congregations as jumping dancing waving. But we got there. Really inspiring, a reminder that we need to recommit every day.
Second, on a much sadder note but still connected to the subject of this need for commitment, the congregations here have had many blows recently in news of the sudden and untimely deaths of many known to us, and the illness of others. Yesterday we had a funeral for a 22yr old girl dead from meningitis. Without naming any individuals, I hope your prayers will be with her family and all those who have to face our mortality in such painful ways. Violence also continues to claim lives here in Belize City, and I heard just today of the first such death of someone I knew. We pray for sense in the senseless!
All reminders to love and cherish and value each day and each person in our path. Which is easy to say and hard to do. but, on a lighter, related note, I am off on holiday to enjoy the life and the creation we've all been given for a few weeks (not that I don't do this when I'm not on holiday, too, but this is different!)
(Home in a month :-) )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment