Saturday, 6 February 2010

fundraising news

Fundraising has come along fantastically, and I can't say how grateful I am to all those who've contributed, and how blessed and humbled I feel by the response of many people.

I did a sponsored silence on Saturday 23rd January at a OneSound weekend in Dorridge and raised just over £100 from the good folks of OneSound, who were delighted, if bemused, at my silence. (Since I was there for choir rehearsals, I obviously had to sing when directed to. The combination of lots of singing and no talking in between seemed to do my throat some damage, and I was in considerable pain for a few days until I realised it was a lovely cold, which I'm still fighting off.)

Most of my support has come from members of the local Methodist churches, some of whom I know quite well but some of whom are totally unconcerned that although they know me, I have not always remembered their names (this is not my laziness, it's a natural consequence of being a minister's daughter.) We put on a 'Games Night' and a couple at one of the churches put on a quiz, the latter especially being a huge success.

All this, and a few sizeable grants, contrive to make my total reach over £3000; with my total expenses likely to be around £3500, this is a real blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment