Saturday, 16 January 2010

Welcome!

As some of you know (but many of you don't), I was recently accepted onto a programme called EEP (the Experience Exchange Programme) which is run jointly by the Methodist Church and USPG (Anglicans in World Mission). The programme gives people of all ages the opportunity to spend between six months and a year living and 'working' (it's voluntary) with the church in another country and culture; so in the last week of February, I'm flying out to Belize City in Belize, Central America, and won't be back for six months...

I expect to be dividing my time between teaching Maths in a Methodist Primary School, and assisting with children and young people's strategy development work which is supported jointly by the Methodist Church in Britain and Action for Children. I say 'expecting' because if something else needs doing that I can do, I might end up doing it!

I'm going to use this as a chief means of communication to let you all know how I'm doing and what I'm doing and to hone my amazing writing skills (haha); I realise the title is misleading since I'm not actually in Belize yet, but it seemed practical and informative.

Love to all,

Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment